16 October 2017

THE STOOL PIGEONS Rule, Hermania! British Inversion Vol. 1 1996

by request
 

AllMusic Review by

Being a collection of British Invasion hits done in the style of the Stool Pigeons, it would be easy to roll your eyes and think that this was just another band doing a "tribute record" just so they could hide the fact that they can't write an original tune to save their lives. Proving this to be difficult is in part of Sheryl and Lisa's obnoxiously perky harmonies which fronts the beat of 60's influenced pop. Sure Rule Hermania has some pretty decent covers of "Can't You Hear My Heartbeat," "A Must To Avoid," "I'm Into Something Good" et cetera. Then there's the guest vocals courtesy of Herman's Hermits' frontman Peter Noone singing lead on "Take Live, Give Love," which definitely kicked Rule Hermania up a couple notches. 

Tracklist

1 I Gotta Dream On
2 Just A Little Bit Better
3 Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
4 Show Me Boy
5 Hold On!
6 Gotta Get Away
7 A Must To Avoid
8 I'm Into Something Good
9 Take Love, Give Love
10 Wild Love
11 All The Things I Do For You Baby
12 Montezuma's Revenge (Inversion Theme)
13 No Milk Today, Tomorrow, Or Ever


No comments: