08 August 2021

WHITE HASSLE National Chain 1997

 



Discogs

 

Artist Biography by Jason Ankeny

National Chain White Hassle was a primitive folk/blues side project of vocalist/guitarist Marcellus Hall and vocalist/pots 'n' pans player Dave Varenka, both better known as members of the alternative rock unit Railroad Jerk. After performing a handful of live dates opening for acts including Skeleton Key and Cat Power, White Hassle issued their 1997 debut National Chain, a collection of their own original junkyard ballads mixed with covers of songs by Hank Williams, George Jones and Ray Charles.

 

Tracklist 

1 Let Me Drive Your Car
2 Beating Of My Heart, The
3 What I Said
4 Out Of Control
5 Tom The Harlequin
6 Don't Make A Sound
7 Oh, What A Feeling
8 Oh, It's So Hard
9 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
10 Great Ship Adventure, The
11 I Lose Again
12 Leave My Woman Alone
13 Another Day Passes


No comments: